Ricela | Rice Bran Oil | Healthy Edible Oil
Cottage cheese grated 250 grams
Potatoes,boiled, peeled and grated 2 medium
Cornflour 1 ½ tablespoons
Green chilli, finely chopped 1
Grated ginger 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon juice 1/2 teaspoon
Chopped fresh coriander leaves 2 tablespoons
Salt to taste Ricela Rice bran oil to deep-fry
For gravy :-
Ricela Rice bran oil 2-3tablespoons
Onions, finely sliced 2 medium
Tomatoes, roughly chopped 3 medium
Ginger-garlic paste 1 tablespoon
Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Cream 1/2 cup + to garnish
Garam masala powder a pinch
Green cardamom powder a pinch Chopped fresh coriander leaves 2 tablespoons
Cooking Steps :-
- Put grated cottage cheese, grated potatoes, corn flour, green chilli, ginger, lemon juice, coriander leaves and salt in a large bowl and mix to a smooth mixture.
- Grease your palms with oil and divide mixture into six to eight equal portions and roll them into balls.
- Press each ball slightly between your palm to flatten, place some chopped apricots in the center, bring in the edges and seal. Shape them into balls again.
- Heat sufficient rice bran oil in a deep pan over medium flame, slide in three to four balls at a time and deep-fry till golden and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- To make the gravy, heat rice bran oil in a pan, add onions and sauté till golden brown, add the ginger and garlic paste and sauté further for about a minute.
- Now add tomatoes and sauté till pulpy.
- Add cashewnuts, turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder and sauté well. Add salt and mix well.
- Transfer this mixture into a mixture jar and grind to a paste with a little water.
- Transfer the gravy into a pan and cook for four to five minutes.
- Add cream, garam masala powder and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Place the koftas in a serving bowl and pour the gravy over them. Garnish with some cream and coriander leaves serve hot.